As a business owner, you may have had steady sales in the past or now. However, you still have to strive for your business growth due to the high competition in this market. When it comes to scaling a business, you need to explore new strategies and opportunities to grow.
In the process, you have many things to do, in the post, we will work out 6 impressive ways to scale your Shopify store and get more sales when the new year is coming. Without any hesitation, let’s start exploring now!
6 Ways to Scale Your Shopify Store
Shopify is a user-friendly e-commerce platform that makes it easy to implement new strategies in the process and achieve your scaling goals. Let’s check out these proven ways to scale your Shopify store one by one.
1 Start Shopify Dropshipping
Why do we mention dropshipping as a way to help you grow your business here? Dropshipping allows you to boost your Shopify store by selling complementary products for your existing ones.
For example, if you work with a men’s t-shirt manufacturer, you can dropship shorts or socks from other suppliers. In this way, you will have a wider item category and can sell more than your competitors.
With this business model, one of the key factors to your business success is reliable suppliers and how to import products to your Shopify store in a few minutes. Leading Shopify apps like DSers make it easy to find trustworthy suppliers and import products with one click to your Shopify store with features like Supplier Optimizer and Import List.
One more thing, if you start Shopify dropshipping, you don’t need to deal with the inventory with this business model, so if you want to test what works for your target customers, it’s low-cost and low-risk. And also, it means you can save some time since your suppliers will deal with the product picking, packing, and shipping.
2. Use Cross-Selling
Cross-selling can always help a business to get more sales, so what is cross-selling? It is a way to sell 2 or more products that complement each other together. Cross-selling works well if you want to boost sales for your Shopify store.
However, when it comes to scaling your business, cross-selling can make some contribution, too. It can help you broaden your customer base. Here are the reasons why it’s worth trying:
- Customers love the value of a bundle sale because it’s usually less expensive than buying two items separately.
- Matching customers with items based on your expertise gives them an added benefit that they might not get at other stores. Extras like this go a long way in building customer loyalty and earning you more customers through referrals.
Broadening your product niche is a great way to grow your business, and you can achieve the goal via cross-selling easily.
3. Make Your Website Mobile-friendly
The next way focuses on your store itself. Website accessibility is one of the most important things online shoppers look for. An easy-to-use website is critical to creating a positive experience for customers. When a website is easy to use, it’s easy to buy!
You should strive to create a responsive design that is optimized for mobile devices since making your website look compelling on both desktop and mobile devices is crucial.
4. Work on Your SEO
High SEO(stands for Search Engine Optimization) rankings can drive more traffic to your store. When the consumers search for products in your niche, it ensures your Shopify store always appears on the top. Then customers are more likely to click your store and purchase from you than those at the bottom.
So how could you improve SEO for your Shopify store?
- Research keywords in your niche: What is a keyword? Keywords are words that consumers always use to search for items they want. Find out and use these appealing and popular keywords in your niche for your product description and Shopify store content.
- Use Google Search Console: You should register your Shopify store on the tool. By doing this, you can ensure that your store is indexed by Google and could be considered when picking search results for your potential customers.
- Increase users’ dwell time: The more time your potential customers spend on your Shopify store, the higher the SEO rankings your store will get since the dwell time indicates to Google your store meets their search criteria.
- Get accurate and functional links: As I mentioned above, you should use keywords for your page. But when adding links for these keywords, you should choose keywords that are on relevant pages. It can ensure that when your customers search for these relevant keywords, the link can direct them to the items they want without any hassle.
5. Write Effective Product Descriptions
The next thing you should pay attention to is the product description. Providing effective descriptions can make your items more attractive and get more sales for your Shopify store.
When writing the product descriptions, you should make sure it leaves no questions unanswered for the visitors. A good description describes all the features and benefits of the item and makes the customer decide whether or not the product is right for them easily.
You can also use the description to communicate your key benefits, unique value proposition, key features, and solutions. You’ll make more sales by simplifying your customers’ buying decisions by nailing this part of your website.
6. Step up Your Advertising
The last way we would like to recommend is focusing on your advertising. Now that you have tried the following ways to make some changes to your Shopify store, it’s time to let your customers know your new item listings and website’s look. It’s crucial because of that sales are hard to generate without proper advertisement.
Here are many impressive advertising options you can choose from, here we would like to list 3 of them that work well to scale your business.
Email marketing is an ideal way for all businesses to do remarketing. It helps customers who visited your store and abandoned their carts or simply never made a purchase to return by:
- Highlighting new products that may interest them based on the items they looked at when they last visited your store
- Enticing them with a sale, deal/ discount code, or free shipping
Apart from email marketing, if you are looking for an invaluable and affordable advertising tool, social media platforms are the best choice for your Shopify store.
Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter have billions of international subscribers. They make it easy for customers to communicate your brand. Thus, social media platforms are highly recommended when it comes to increasing your brand awareness.
It’s completely free to set up a social media account for your business on Shopify. Now that you have created your social media account, you can grow your audience organically or reach out to some influencers to get quicker results. For example, you can take advantage of Facebook ads as an option to boost your brand visibility.
As we have mentioned above, a large number of people are likely to use Google to search for products. Therefore, Google ads would be a solid advertising way.
Google ads are especially effective in situations where you are trying to scale your business by reaching a wider audience. Also, it offers different advertising options, and you are free to set a budget that you feel comfortable with.
Scaling Shopify stores and getting more sales is crucial for any e-commerce business in 2023. In the process, it needs proper timing and planning if you want to scale your Shopify store successfully.
Anyway, with a thoughtful strategy and timely evaluation, you will get positive results for your business. We hope you can succeed with this guide and the careful implementation of these ways in the new year.
Happy selling to you, and happy new year!