We provide applications to merchants who use platforms like shopify to power their stores. Below we describe how personal information is collected, used, and shared when you install or use our apps in connection with your store.
When you install one of our apps, we are automatically able to access certain types of information from your Shopify account: The full list available through Shopify can be seen here. This is visible in the setup process and can be reviewed before finishing the install.
In addition, we collect the following types of personal information from you and/or your customers once you have installed the App: Information about individuals who visit your store, such as their IP address (but not complete – we hold only the last two parts of the address), web browser details and time zone.
We don’t collect personal information from the store visitors. In some case we store our cookie to the store visitor but again there we don’t include any personal information for him.
For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps. “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site. We also use hotjar.com to record visitor sessions – please note that Hotjar is GPDR compliant and hides data within the app.
To explicity view permissions each app has – please click the “View Details” link from the Shopify apps page within your Shopify admin.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the personal information we collect from you but not from your customers in order to provide the Service and to operate the App. Additionally, we use this personal information to: Communicate with you; Optimize or improve the App; and Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
Sharing Your Personal Information
Your information is never shared for the use of advertising. Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Use and collection of personal information
In general you can visit our website without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. However, there are areas of our website where we do gather data as follows:
If you submit an enquiry via our website you will be asked to provide certain information, including name, e-mail address and contact number.
If you register on our website to receive newsletters from us you will be asked to provide your name and e-mail address.
We will store this data and hold it via our externally hosted server and some secure third party websites.
We may use information that you provide:
- To register you with our website and to administer it;
- To deal with your enquiry which may include contacting your directly and supplying quotations and further information about our services
- To send you newsletters if you have opted in to receive them;
- For assessment and analysis, e.g. marketing, customer and product analysis, to enable us to review, develop and improve our services.
We also use Google Analytics to track visitor data trends and general usage statistics. We do not collect any personal information via these cookies other than your IP address. This information is automatically deleted after 14 months following your last visit to our website. These are non-essential cookies. Click here to disable Google Analytics tracking cookies.
Pandectes GDPR Compliance app
For our GDPR app we store only visitor consents that include the following information:
- Consent ID (that is autogenerated and is not related to the user)
- Consent date & time
- User IP Address (not complete but only the last two parts)
- User country (if detected)
- User Agent
- Consent Type (Accept / Deny / Custom)
- Consent Preference (if applicable)
Pandectes is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide any information by which you can be identified when using our website, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name and contact information including your email address.
- Demographic information including location, preferences and interests.
- Information relevant to client enquiries.
- Other information relevant to client enquiries.
- Other information from surveys, questions or offers you have responded to.
How we use this information
We collect information from you to help us understand what you are looking for from our company, and to help us deliver better products and services to you. We may use data for the following:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise our website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be of interest or relevance to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
To find out more information about cookies, visit All About Cookies
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside the pandectes.io domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy policies. Always be wary when submitting data to websites, and read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If there is anything else you would like to know about how information about you might be processed using this site, you can ask us. You can email us at: info [at] pandectes.io.